Friday, July 13, 2012

Altered Trunk

Hello everyone!!  I have a wooden trunk that I purchased at Michael's that I would like to share with you.  The trunk was a unfinished wooden trunk when purchased with no paint or paper adhered to it.  I first painted it all over with Burnt Umber (which is a dark brown color) acrylic paint.  I then added the lace trims to the sides of the trunk.  I purchased the lace trims at Walmart.  I added the flowers next, some of which are I Am Roses, some are cut from my cricut machine using the Flower Shoppe cartridge, and some are flower punches from my EK Success punch.  I then added a Recollection butterfly and a Michael's dollar bin frame.  I painted the frame with vintage white, then used rubbed Rub N Buff across it with my finger, then added Distress Ink Victorian Velvet to give it a light pink look.  I added I Am Roses to the top of it and cut out a fairy from the Fairy Belle paper collection by Prima.  I then cut out the word Create from the Sophisticated cricut cartridge using the French Country Stack by DCWV.  I also added a butterfly from the Martha Stewart butterfly punch using the same paper collection and added  two flat back pearls to the body of the butterfly.  On the front of the trunk I added more I Am Roses and  wheat sprays from the Etsy shop Discount Crafts 1 to the latch.  More I Am Roses were added to the trim on the front and back of the trunk.  I plan to use the trunk to store all of my homemade cards as I have quite a few of them.  I hope you enjoy this project as much as I enjoyed altering it.  Thanks for looking and have a great day!!

Here is a video as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment